Lanzerac Chardonnay Stellenbosch 2020

£13.99

SKU: LANCHAWB-20 Categories: , Tags: , , , ,

Dating back to 1692, the Lanzerac Wine Estate boasts a rich history and is renowned as the birthplace of the first bottled Pinotage. Nestled at the base of the majestic Jonkershoek Valley in Stellenbosch, it exudes a sense of timeless elegance.

Since 2005, Cellar Master Wynand Lategan has overseen the crafting of Lanzerac’s esteemed range of wines, consistently garnering awards. Collaborating closely with his team, Lategan has meticulously refined the collection to uphold Lanzerac’s reputation for excellence. In a dedicated effort to enhance quality, Lanzerac has embarked on significant vineyard developments since 2012, including the removal of old, virus-infected vines and substantial increases in Pinotage and Chardonnay plantings. These strategic initiatives promise a continued elevation in wine quality in the coming years, already yielding exceptional results with recent vintages. Lanzerac’s prowess spans both sumptuous reds and impeccably balanced whites, showcasing remarkable consistency in craftsmanship.

Fresh citrus aromas are followed by a complexity of flavours including lemon, cloves, ginger and vanilla. Maturation in French oak for 9 months adds complexity to this well-rounded wine.

Alcohol – 14% ABV

*Suitable for Vegetarians & Vegans

 

**Disclaimer: Limited On-Site Stock Availability** 

  

Please be advised that the information provided herein pertains to the current on-site stock availability of the mentioned wine. Our inventory is subject to change, and the quantity mentioned may be limited. However, we would like to assure our valued customers that we maintain strong partnerships with reliable suppliers, granting us access to a broader selection of wines. 

  

Should you desire to order quantities exceeding our on-site stock, we encourage you to reach out to us at info@bottleswine.co.uk. Our dedicated team will be delighted to assist you further, discussing availability, delivery timelines, and any additional details you may require. We strive to provide the best possible service and ensure a seamless wine procurement experience for our customers. 

 

7 in stock

Joe’s Judgements

Oaked Chardonnay can be a polarising style of wine. When done well it is a delight, rich and textured while still maintaining the quality and character of the grapes. When done badly, its bitter and astingent but also tastes like liquid butter. Not a particularly pleasant experience. Fear not, some producers can show some restraint, Lanzerac being one of them.

Lanzerac Chardonnay Stellenbosch 2020 is the perfect blend of fruity goodness, a hint of tangy zing, and soft roundness. Plus, the way they weave in that oak flavour and balance it out with just the right amount of acidity? Totally spot on. And let’s talk value – you’re getting a whole lot of awesome in one bottle, especially when you think about all the love that goes into making it happen.

Picture this: a crew of dedicated folks handpicking and sorting each and every grape with care. Now, about 70% of these grapes get cozy in a mix of second, third, and fourth-fill barrels, while the other 30% kick back in stainless steel tanks. But wait, there’s more! Every block of vineyard used for the Lanzerac Chardonnay gets its own special treatment. Different yeast, different fermentation vibes, all depending on what’s popping in that particular patch that year. Now, once those grapes have done their fermenting thing, it’s time for a little R&R in those oak barrels. They hang out with the lees, getting a gentle stir every week for about 7 to 8 months. Fast forward about 9 months, and it’s showtime! The different wines get blended together perfectly, and then they’re all set to hit the bottles.

 

For more on our unique and sophisticated selection of wine, recommended by our Sommelier Joe, follow us on Social Media!